Coronavirus (COVID-19): Best Business Practices
- Be extra flexible and strongly encourage employees to stay home if they have ANY symptoms of illness. In addition to coronavirus, it is also high flu season.
- Hand washing is best, but have alcohol-based hand sanitizer available for employees in common areas.
- Use factual information to inform your business decisions. There are many resources to obtain information (see below).
- Have a continuity of business plan in place in the event that a large number of employees need time off
- Though highly unlikely, be prepared for possible business closure, in the case of an outbreak
For more resources for your business, click below for the U.S. Chamber’s business resources, including this GUIDANCE FOR EMPLOYERS document with tips on guiding your business through this time.
Combating the Coronavirus
With the U.S. now reporting a limited number of COVID-19 cases, it’s important that businesses of all sizes and sectors continue to monitor the situation and are as prepared as possible to protect the health of their workers. The U.S. Chamber is…