Promoting networking and education for professional women
This is a working council that promotes networking and education for professional women and women entrepreneurs while highlighting the women leaders in the community. The group holds four events per year, including: two Educational Lunches, the Annual Tea in August, and the Annual Woman of the Year Awards Luncheon in January.
Thank You to Our 2020-2021 Sponsors!
Their Woman of the Year Award event is to recognize a woman in the community who demonstrates leadership and has positively impacted the growth of the Palm Beach North community.
January 2020 – The Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce Congratulates Kelly Smallridge for her accomplishment as the 2020 Woman of the Year. All recipients for this award must meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Demonstrate leadership that benefits the Palm Beach North community by creating or contributing significantly to the success of one or more local organizations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Palm Beach North community by inspiring community-wide support.
- Exemplifies the highest standards of business and community leadership.
- Positively impacts the growth of the Palm Beach North Community.
NEW Mentorship Bootcamp started Fall 2020, Continuing into Spring 2021
The Women in Business Council continues to be dedicated to bringing educational and enlightening programs to female professionals in Palm Beach North. Women in Business Mentorship Bootcamp, Presented by Lickstein Plastic Surgery, is an opportunity for women facing challenges affecting their career or business to grow personally and professionally. The three-month Bootcamp will offer one-on-one mentorship paired with a virtual classroom. The program, along with the mentor, will provide guidance on numerous aspects of career exploration, work-life balance, and community knowledge as well as help set career goals and develop interpersonal skills. Upon the completion of the course, participants will have gained valuable knowledge and skills to advance their careers while building a network of personal and professional contacts. Deadline has passed, but see more info here.
To offer growth and support to a female businessperson. We will:
- Identify career inhibitors in her life and work
- Create a strategy to overcome the various career inhibitors
- Help her develop leadership skills for advancing her career
- Acquire concrete, technical, computer and presentation skills to either re-enter the workforce or build her business skills
- Instill confidence and provide a business support network
- Help her reach their fullest potential
Who can participate?
WHO can participate?
- Woman member (or future member) of the PBNCC must have at least 2 of the below:
- Women-owned business
- Younger Woman/Young Professional beginning her career or business
- Women reentering the workforce
- Women wanting to advance her career
- Women leaders working in the nonprofit sector
WIBC Mentorship Bootcamp, Presented by:
- Virtual Kickoff – Monday, March 8th from 4:30 – 6 PM
- Three Part Virtual Boot Camp: 2nd Tuesday (subject to change) from 12 – 1: 15 PM
- March 9th – Leadership Toolbox – How To Lead Anything (a committee, a council, a company, etc.), Supported by Synovus Bank
- April 13th – How To Handle Inappropriate Situations In A Work Setting, Supported by Synovus Bank
- May 11th – I’m Not Bossy, I’m A Boss (Panel) – confidence, competency and laser-focused success, Supported by Synovus Bank
- Final Date/Presentations – Tuesday, May 18th from 4 – 6 PM