Promoting networking and education for professional women
This is a working council that promotes networking and education for professional women and women entrepreneurs while highlighting the women leaders in the community. The group holds four events per year including: the Annual Woman of the Year Awards Luncheon in October/November, a kickoff event to the Woman of the Year prior to the event, one Educational Lunch, and the Annual Tea in April; as well as rotating quarterly programming: the S.H.E. Seminars (Smart. Honest. Effective) and The Woman Effect along with a 6-month mentorship program, the Mentorship Academy. Men are encouraged to attend the WoY, Tea and Luncheon while the S.H.E. Seminars and The Woman Effect are exclusively for women to provide a more open, honest conversation amongst women in business.
Thank You to Our 2022-2023 Sponsors!
Official Health & Safety Sponsor
Centerpieces Provided By:
The Woman Effect Sponsors
SHE (Smart. Honest. Effective. ) Seminars Sponsor
Graphics Designed By:
Video Production By:
A-1 Moving & Storage
Visiting Angels of the Palm Beaches
Elder and Estate Planning Attorneys PA
n2 architecture + design, inc.
M3 Advisors Group (FocalPoint Business/Executive Coach)
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, Inc.
JSS Marketing & Public Relations
Gift Bag Sponsor
2022 Woman of the Year Luncheon presented by The Markarian Group
Produced by our Women in Business Council, our Woman of the Year Luncheon is one of our most popular events of the year! The energy was electric last year at the Wyndham Grand Jupiter at Harbourside. Congratulations to our 2022 Woman of the Year, Dr. Nika Coleman-Ferrell and all of our amazing finalists. See the rest of the photos by Capehart here.
The Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce will honor one individual each year as the Woman of the Year. The recipient for this award must meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Demonstrate leadership that benefits the Palm Beach North community by creating or contributing significantly to the success of one or more local organizations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Palm Beach North community by inspiring community-wide support.
- Exemplifies the highest standards of business and community leadership.
- Positively impacts the growth of the Palm Beach North Community.
Be on the lookout for our 2023 nominations in July 2023!
Mentorship Academy started Fall 2020, Continuing into Spring 2023.
The Women in Business Council continues to be dedicated to bringing educational and enlightening programs to female professionals in Palm Beach North. Women in Business Mentorship Academy, Presented by Lickstein Plastic Surgery, is an opportunity for women facing challenges affecting their career or business to grow personally and professionally. The six-month Academy will offer one-on-one mentorship paired with a virtual classroom. The program, along with the mentor, will provide guidance on numerous aspects of career exploration, work-life balance, and community knowledge as well as help set career goals and develop interpersonal skills. Upon the completion of the course, participants will have gained valuable knowledge and skills to advance their careers while building a network of personal and professional contacts. Stay tuned for updates on the Spring 2023 program. We will also be looking for Mentors--learn more here!
Virtual Events - still going strong!
The Women In Business Council's rotating bi-monthly virtual events, the S.H.E. Seminars (Smart. Honest. Effective) and The Woman Effect, are active and waiting for YOU to join us! The S.H.E. Seminars are the Women In Business Council's open forum discussion with women business leaders who share ideas on ways to manage business successfully. Topics rotate every other month. The Woman Effect is a virtual podcast-style interview with women who have made it, in a male dominated industry. Guests will be CEOs and/or executives from various industries all over the US. The entire event will be one hour. The first 30-minutes will be the guest telling her story on FB Live while the second 30 minutes will be an intimate discussion with up to 20 women "offline" in Zoom. (These events are exclusively for women (via Zoom) while the in-person events encourage men to attend as well!) Check out our most recent updated schedule here.
To offer growth and support to a female businessperson. We will:
- Identify career inhibitors in her life and work
- Create a strategy to overcome the various career inhibitors
- Help her develop leadership skills for advancing her career
- Acquire concrete, technical, computer and presentation skills to either re-enter the workforce or build her business skills
- Instill confidence and provide a business support network
- Help her reach their fullest potential
Who can participate?
WHO can participate?
- Woman member (or future member) of the PBNCC must have at least 2 of the below:
- Women-owned business
- Younger Woman/Young Professional beginning her career or business
- Women reentering the workforce
- Women wanting to advance her career
- Women leaders working in the nonprofit sector
WIBC Mentorship Academy, Presented by:
Happy Hours/Mentorship Alumni Social (prior to program!):
- January TBA
- March 8th (International Women’s Day)
- July TBA
- October – gathering at the Woman of the year Kickoff
Mentorship Academy, Presented by Lickstein Plastic Surgery Dates:
- In-Person Kickoff – April TBA from 4:30 – 6 PM (location TBA)
- Mentor-Mentee Pairing – Wednesday, TBA
- Virtual Workshop Sessions: 2nd Tuesday (subject to change) from 12 – 1: 15 PM
- April - Public Speaking - Perfecting your story, Elevator Speech
- May – How to be a Power Networker Panel: Choosing the Right Place to Network
- June – Building Your Career Through Community Involvement
- July - Personal & Professional Goal Setting
- August – Elevating Your Personal and Professional Brand
- September – Being a Lady with Confidence: Success Driven by the Fierce and Fearless
- Final Date/Presentations –September TBA from 4 - 6 PM (location TBA)