John C. Giba Student Leadership Awards Program and Palm Beach North Education Foundation Scholarships
The Palm Beach North Education Foundation is committed to investing in the educational future of our youth through literacy programs, teacher externships & retention incentives, and leadership awards for post-secondary education. The Foundation is a private non-profit foundation, affiliated with the Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce, and works specifically with schools and students in the Palm Beach North region.
The Foundation was formed to oversee the endowment established through a donation from John C. Giba, a Jupiter-Tequesta businessman who believed in the importance of student leadership through education. Over the years, The Foundation has grown to provide more scholarship opportunities in our region through donations from local businesses and Chamber members.
The John C. Giba Student Leadership Awards Program aims to encourage, recognize, and award selected high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership potential through a combination of academic excellence, community service, and extra-curricular activities. The Palm Beach North Education Foundation Scholarships award college-bound seniors who demonstrate leadership potential and have a financial need. The Foundation recognizes students at the Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Education Awards breakfast on April 17, 2024.
Recipients of a scholarships from The Foundation must:
- Reside in or attend school in one of the municipalities served by the Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce: Mangonia Park, Riviera Beach, Palm Beach Shores, Lake Park, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Tequesta, Juno Beach, Jupiter Inlet Colony
- Be a high school senior
- Complete and submit an application signed by his/her high school principal
A minimum of seven recipients will be selected. If selected as a recipient, award amounts range from $1,500 to $10,000. Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership experience that significantly impacts his/her school and/or community
- Outstanding academic excellence (minimum 3.0 high school GPA)
- Evidence of significant community service done during the high school career
- Involvement in school-based or community extra-curricular activities that demonstrate leadership qualities
Recipients of Palm Beach North Education Foundation Scholarships must also demonstrate financial need (annual household income no greater than $70,000).
Friday, February 16, 2024 by 5 p.m.: Applications DUE
February 19 - March 1, 2024: Applications are reviewed
March 11 – March 15, 2024: Finalists interviewed by committee via Zoom
By Friday, March 29, 2024: Recipients are notified
Applications may be emailed to Kathleen Joy at email@example.com.
The Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other restricting classification in its selection of scholars.