John C. Giba Student Leadership, Cary Stamp Scholars Fund and Chamber Foundation Scholarship Awards Program
NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS!
The Chamber’s Foundation Student Leadership Award Program aims to encourage, recognize and reward selected area High School seniors who have demonstrated leadership potential through a combination of academic excellence, community service, and extra-curricular activities. The Foundation recognizes students either by video via social media platforms or/and at the Annual Education Awards membership breakfast. Awards are derived from the income of an Endowment Program established under the Chamber Foundation, a private non-profit foundation, from Cary Stamp & Co and other member donations.
John C. Giba, a Jupiter-Tequesta businessman, believed in the importance of student leadership through education. The Chamber Foundation was formed to oversee the endowment established by Mr. Giba’s donation and is committed to investing in the educational future of our youth. Cary Stamp, CEO of Cary Stamp & Company, has also donated another $3,000 for an additional two students to receive $1500 scholarships this year. Additionally, Chamber members contribute to the Foundation Scholarship Fund each year, which helps add to the number of scholarships the Board can award.
The application, selection criteria, and checklist can be found in the following documents:
Recipients of the Student Leadership Awards must:
- Reside in or attend school in one of the municipalities served by the Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce: Mangonia Park, Riviera Beach, Palm Beach Shores, Lake Park, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Tequesta, Juno Beach, Jupiter Inlet Colony
- Be a high school senior
- Complete and submit an application signed by his/her School Principal
Seven recipients will be selected. One recipient will receive a $3,000 award. Six additional recipients will each receive a $1,500 award and, depending on other member donations received throughout the year, the Foundation Board may grant additional scholarships. Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership experience that significantly impacts his/her school and/or community
- Outstanding academic excellence (minimum 3.0 high school GPA)
- Evidence of significant community service done during the high school career
- Involvement in school-based or community extra-curricular activities that demonstrate leadership qualities
*Please note that due to the Pandemic, the below dates may change
and interviews will be scheduled via phone or video
Friday, March 12 2021 by 5 p.m.: Applications DUE
March 15- March 26, 2021: Applications are reviewed
April 5- April 12, 2021: Finalists interviewed by committee via Zoom
By Friday April 23, 2021: Recipients are notified
Applications may be emailed to Whitney West at email@example.com.