Ribbon Cutting Request
What is a ribbon-cutting?
A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a brand-new or newly-renovated/relocated business that has opened within the last six months with a photograph in the Chamber’s weekly e-newsletter. It can inaugurate an organization’s first day of business or it can take place weeks after the business’ soft opening. Ribbon-Cuttings will be held at the Host’s place of business. Members or Non-Members wishing to hold a Chamber Ribbon-Cutting must submit the online application below to the Chamber Office.
Because the ribbon cutting marks a very significant moment in the business’ history, this is also a great photo opportunity. The ceremony gives the business owner or manager a chance to say a few words to those gathered. Business owners have used this time to publicly thank their financial backers, their employees, their friends and family, and/or their business partners. They also take the opportunity to talk about what their business does.
Tips for a successful ribbon cutting:
- Schedule and plan in advance
- Invite customers, clients, friends, and family
- Market your event
- Submit a press release for our e-newsletter
- Create an event on our calendar
- Provide food and beverages
- Have an announcement or speech to educate your guests
- Prepare for bad weather
Keep in mind that we are your support, this is your event. You can make it as simple or as big as you want!
What is the cost to have a ribbon-cutting?
The fee for a current Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce Member is $250 and $500 for Non-Members. This fee MUST be paid 14 days before your requested date or at the time of receiving confirmation of an approved ribbon-cutting date from the Chamber.
When are Chamber ribbon-cuttings conducted?
Ribbon-cuttings are conducted Monday – Thursday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Attendance of Chamber Staff and Ambassadors will vary based on the time and day. We do not schedule ribbon-cuttings on Friday-Sunday.
Note: Reservations are booked 30 days in advance on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please do not send communications until the Chamber has confirmed your date and time.
What are the host’s responsibilities for the Ribbon-Cutting?
- Invite your own guests (customers, clients, friends)
- Send a copy of your guest list to Chamber at least 24 hours prior to event
- Provide the Chamber with a timeline and list of speakers at least one week prior to the event
- You may provide food/beverage if desired
- Market event (the Chamber does not promote event prior unless you submit press release and/or create an event on our calendar)
- You may reach out to media for coverage if desired
What are the Chamber’s responsibilities for the Ribbon-Cutting?
- Ribbon for ceremony
- Large ceremonial scissors
- Camera for photographs
- Attendance of Chamber Staff Member
- Invite Ambassadors (attendance not guaranteed)
- Include your ribbon cutting photo with description in our newsletter
If you need to cancel your event you must let us know at least 1-week prior. A cancellation within 3 days of your event will result in a $75 cancellation fee, and you will need to reschedule your ribbon-cutting with the Chamber another 30 days from your previous date.
Ribbon Cutting Request Form
Membership Development Manager