Ribbon Cutting Request
What is a ribbon-cutting?
A ribbon cutting is the ceremonial opening of a brand-new or newly-renovated/relocated business that has opened within the last six months with a photograph in the Chamber’s weekly e-newsletter. It can inaugurate an organization’s first day of business or it can take place weeks after the business’ soft opening. Ribbon-Cuttings will be held at the Host’s place of business. Members or Non-Members wishing to hold a Chamber Ribbon-Cutting must submit the online application below to the Chamber Office.
Because the ribbon cutting marks a very significant moment in the business’ history, this is also a great photo opportunity. The ceremony gives the business owner or manager a chance to say a few words to those gathered. Business owners have used this time to publicly thank their financial backers, their employees, their friends and family, and/or their business partners. They also take the opportunity to talk about what their business does.
Tips for a successful ribbon cutting:
- Schedule and plan in advance
- Invite customers, clients, friends, family, and your local municipality
- Market your event
- Submit a press release for our e-newsletter (members only)
- Provide food and beverages (we suggest it!)
- Have an announcement or speech to educate your guests
- Prepare for bad weather
Keep in mind that we are your support, this is your event. You can make it as simple or as big as you want!
What is the cost to have a ribbon-cutting?
The fee for a current Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce Member is $250 and $500 for Non-Members. This fee MUST be paid 14 days before your requested date or at the time of receiving confirmation of an approved ribbon-cutting date from the Chamber.
When are Chamber ribbon-cuttings conducted?
Ribbon-cuttings are conducted Tuesday – Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. with the following choices: Tuesday / Thursday 11 a.m. / 4 p.m. OR Wednesday 9 a.m. / 11 a.m. / 4 p.m. OR Friday at 11 a.m. / 2 p.m. We do not schedule ribbon-cuttings on Saturday – Monday.
Attendance of Chamber Staff and Ambassadors will vary based on the time and day. Attendance is not guaranteed so please invite your friends, family and clients!
Note: Reservations are booked a minimum of 21 days in advance on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please do not send communications until the Chamber has confirmed your date and time.
What are the host’s responsibilities for the Ribbon-Cutting?
- Invite your own guests (customers, clients, friends, family)
- Invite your local municipality council members and mayor
- Provide the Chamber with a timeline and list of speakers at least one week prior to the event
- You may provide food/beverage if desired (we advise it!)
- Market event (the Chamber promotes event prior through event on our calendar, but we strongly advise you submit a press release in addition)
- You may reach out to media for coverage if desired
- Send a copy of your guest list to Chamber at least 24 hours prior to event
What are the Chamber’s responsibilities for the Ribbon-Cutting?
- Ribbon for ceremony
- Large ceremonial scissors
- Camera for photographs
- Attendance of Chamber Staff Member
- CEO attendance cannot be guaranteed, but we strive to have him present at every ribbon cutting (if business wishes to have him speak, it must be requested in the ‘Additional Information’ section of the form below)
- Invite Ambassadors and Board (attendance not guaranteed)
- Include invite of ribbon cutting in our newsletter to invite community (if this is not desired, please direct the Chamber in the ‘Additional Information’ section of the form below)
- Submits Ribbon Cutting information for pre-event promotion and post-event image in the Florida Weekly newspaper (the Chamber does NOT guarantee coverage)
If you need to cancel/postpone your event you must let us know at least 1-week prior. A cancellation within 3 days of your event will result in a $75 cancellation fee, and you will need to reschedule your ribbon-cutting with the Chamber within 30 days from your previous date. Please note if the previous date of the ribbon cutting does get promoted in the Florida Weekly newspaper as an upcoming event and there is a cancellation or postponement, it is NOT the Chamber’s responsibility. We will alert the FW of the change but know that the newspaper may have already gone to print.
Considering membership? Here are the reasons why you would want to be a member before your Ribbon Cuttings:
|Ribbon for ceremony||X||X|
|Large ceremonial scissors||X||X|
|Camera for photographs||X||X|
|Attendance of Chamber Staff Member||X||X|
|Ribbon Cutting invite in newsletter||X||X|
|Ribbon Cutting event invite on Chamber Calendar||X||X|
|Ribbon Cutting Photo with description in newsletter (within 30 days of event)||X||X|
|Submit Ribbon Cutting information for pre- and post-event info in the Florida Weekly newspaper (PBNCC does NOT guarantee coverage)||X||X|
|Featured in Instagram Story||X|
|Dedicated Instagram Post||X|
|Dedicated Facebook Post||X|
|Dedicated LinkedIn Post||X|
|Linkable Online Business Listing page in Newsletter||X|
|Linkable Online Business Listing page on PBNCC homepage||X|
|Additional Add-on of Facebook LIVE Video Cost||$100||$150|
Ribbon Cutting Request Form
Membership Development Director