Women in Business Council
This is a working council that promotes networking and education for professional women and women entrepreneurs while highlighting the women leaders in the community. The group holds four events per year, including: two Educational Lunches, the Annual Tea in August, and the Annual Woman of the Year Awards Luncheon in November.
The Women in Business Council continues to be dedicated to bringing educational and enlightening programs to female professionals in Palm Beach North. Their Woman of the Year Award event in October is to recognize a woman in the community who demonstrates leadership and has positively impacted the growth of the Palm Beach North community.
NEW Mentorship Bootcamp starting Fall 2020
Women in Business Mentorship Bootcamp, Presented by Lickstein Plastic Surgery is an opportunity for women facing challenges affecting their career or business to grow personally and professionally. The three-month Bootcamp will offer one-on-one mentorship paired with a virtual classroom in three main focus areas: Public Speaking, Budgeting, and Goal Setting. Upon the completion of the course, participants will have gained valuable knowledge and skills to advance their careers while building a network of personal and professional contacts.
To offer growth and support to a female businessperson. We will:
- Identify career inhibitors in her life and work
- Create a strategy to overcome the various career inhibitors
- Help her develop leadership skills for advancing her career
- Acquire concrete, technical, computer and presentation skills to either re-enter the workforce or build her business skills
- Instill confidence and provide a business support network
- Help her reach their fullest potential
WHO can participate?
- Woman member (or future member) of the PBNCC must have at least 2 of the below:
- Women-owned business
- Younger Woman/Young Professional beginning her career or business
- Women reentering the workforce
- Women wanting to advance her career
- Women leaders working in the nonprofit sector
WIBC Mentorship Bootcamp, Presented by:
3 Virtual Classes:
- Public Speaking 101
- Budgeting For Beginners
- Goal Setting for Personal and Business Success
Virtual Kickoff – Tuesday, August 18th from 4:30 – 6 PM
Three Part Virtual Boot Camp: 3rd or 4th Wednesday from 8 – 9 AM (subject to change according to Chamber calendar)
- August 19th – Public Speaking for the Virtual Speaker (Presented by Tania Rogers and Supported by JSS Marketing & PR
- September 16th – Budgeting for Beginners (Presented and Supported by Financial Investment Network, Inc.
- October 28th – Goal Setting for Personal and Business Success (Presented and Supported by Proffitt Management Solutions
Final Date/Presentations – Wednesday, November 18th from 4 – 6 PM
Members – $99
Future Members – $149
Sally Byrd, First Citizens Bank
Jessica Clasby, Florida Sugar Cane League
Cindy Crawford, Greenspoon Marder LLP
Anné Desormier, Elder and Estate Planning Attorneys PA
Cindy Giles, Florida Weekly
Elizabeth Houlihan, Keiser University
Lisa Lickstein, Lickstein Plastic Surgery
Kimberlee Micolo, Sailfish Mechanical LLC
KaShamba Miller-Anderson, City of Riviera Beach
Nancy Mobberley, Financial Investment Network, Inc.
Niki Norton, n2 architecture + design
Emily O’Mahoney, Gentile Glas Holloway O’Mahoney & Assoc.
Sharon Quercioli, Our Wonderful World Media
Chelsea Reed, City Council, Palm Beach Gardens
Jennifer Sardone-Shiner, JSS Marketing and Public Relations
Alex Slaton, SpeedPro Imaging – North Palm Beach
Rhea Slinger, PGA Commons
Virginia Spencer, Illustrated Properties Real Estate- Corporate Office
Scheduled bi-monthly by council members.
Council membership is by invitation-only. The council is limited in size to 25 members with a maximum of 3 consecutive years.
Director of Membership Development