John Giba Student Leadership Award Program
The Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce has established the Student Leadership Award Program to encourage, recognize and reward selected area High School seniors who have demonstrated strong leadership potential through a combination of scholastic excellence, community service, and extra-curricular activities. The Chamber recognizes these students at the Annual Education Awards membership breakfast with a plaque and a monetary gift. Money for the gifts is derived from the income of an Endowment Program established under the Foundation of the Chamber, a private non-profit foundation.
John C. Giba, a Jupiter-Tequesta businessman, believed in the importance of student leadership through education. The Chamber Foundation was formed to oversee the endowment established by Mr. Giba’s donation, and is committed to investing in the educational future of our youth.
Recipients of the Student Leadership Awards must:
- Reside or attend school in one of the municipalities served by the Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce: Mangonia Park, Riviera Beach, Palm Beach Shores, Lake Park, North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Tequesta, Juno Beach, Jupiter Inlet Colony.
- Be a senior in High School.
- Fill out and submit an application signed by their School Principal.
Recipients of the $1,500 award will be selected using the following criteria:
- Outstanding scholastic excellence – At least a 3.0 grade point average for the combination of the 10th, 11th and 12th
- Community Service – Evidence of significant leadership roles in community service done during the High School career, including community service hours. There is no minimum requirement as to how many hours. Quality and quantity are important.
- Extra-curricular activities – School-based activities such as Student Government, Sports, and Fine Arts as well as community activities that demonstrate leadership qualities.
Applications must be received in the Chamber office by April 12, 2017 to
Mail or deliver application to:
Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce
5520 PGA Boulevard, Suite 200, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33418
The items below need to be included in your packet. Please check off the items as you include them and place them in the order they are listed on the check list. Please submit this form along with your application and back up materials.
- Application completed, including essay
- Application has Principal’s Verification
- SAT or ACT Scores included
- GPA included
- Class Rank included
- Official copy of Transcript
- Academic Achievements
- Community Service Projects – during High School. Places, dates and contact person for verification.
- School and/or extra-curricular activities in which you have played a leadership role