In the Fall of 2018, the Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce launched an internship program for local high school and/or college students. Our goal is to provide a well-rounded, educational program that will offer students the opportunity to learn about the Palm Beach North Community, grow their network of references and contacts, as well as give them the skills needed to be successful in their future careers. We currently have several interns working within our Membership, Events & Marketing Departments and assisting with Office Administration and special projects.
Interns will gain valuable experiences and learn best practices in the areas of:
- Customer Service & Member Relations
- Event Planning & Logistics
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Office Administration
If you are interested in interning with our organization, please click on the button below to fill out the interest form and upload your resume.
Benefits to interning with the Chamber:
- Interns will have the ability to learn business processes and workflow.
- Interns will participate in meetings and events as well as marketing/communication initiatives, which will allow them to network within the community at large, creating future opportunities for their career.
- Interns will learn from and work alongside staff in a collaborative environment in order to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Managers will conduct several Progress Meetings, which will enable both the manager as well as the intern with opportunities to provide constructive feedback regarding their experience.
Job Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting Market Research of potential members in Palm Beach North.
- Support Direct Marketing, Social Media, and various efforts within chamber programs.
- Perform administrative duties such as filing and business operational support.
- Participating in the planning and execution of chamber events and programming.
- Attending a variety of Chamber meetings and events.
- Assisting with membership retention and development initiatives.
Schedule can be flexible and based around the particular intern’s work/school schedules. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook is preferred. This is an unpaid internship. We will provide volunteer hours, reviews and grading if participating in a University Internship credit program, though participation in a University/High school Intern Course is not required. College & high school students seeking valuable work experience, the opportunity to grow their network of references and meet a variety of business leaders in our community, are encouraged to apply.