Ribbon Cutting Request
What is a ribbon-cutting?
A ribbon-cutting is a free publicity opportunity and valuable marketing tool for your business. Ribbon-cuttings commemorate your grand opening, groundbreaking or open house with a photograph in the Chamber’s weekly e-newsletter. Only Chamber Members may host a Chamber Ribbon-Cutting. Ribbon-Cuttings will be held at the Host’s place of business. Members wishing to hold a Chamber Ribbon-Cutting must submit an online application to the Chamber Office.
Tips for a successful ribbon cutting:
- Schedule and plan in advance
- Invite customers, clients, friends, and family
- Market your event
- Submit a press release for our e-newsletter
- Create an event on our calendar
- Provide food and beverages
- Have an announcement or speech to educate your guests
- Prepare for bad weather
Keep in mind that we are your support, this is your event. You can make it as simple or as big as you want!
When are Chamber ribbon-cuttings conducted?
Ribbon-cuttings are conducted Monday – Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Attendance of Chamber Staff and Ambassadors will vary based on the time and day. We do not schedule ribbon-cuttings on Friday-Sunday.
Note: Reservations are booked 30 days in advance on a first-come, first-serve basis.
What are the Chamber Member’s responsibilities for the Ribbon-Cutting?
- Invite your own guests (customers, clients, friends)
- Send a copy of your guest list to Chamber at least 24hrs prior to event
- Provide the Chamber with a timeline and list of speakers at least one week prior to the event
- You may provide food/beverage if desired
- Market event (the Chamber does not promote event prior unless you submit press release and/or create an event on our calendar)
- You may reach out to media for coverage if desired
What are the Chamber’s responsibilities for the Ribbon-Cutting?
- Ribbon for ceremony
- Large ceremonial scissors
- Camera for photographs
- Attendance of Chamber Staff Member
- Invite Ambassadors (attendance not guaranteed)
- Include your ribbon cutting photo with description in our newsletter (within 1 week of event)
If you need to cancel your event you must let us know at least 1-week prior. The Chamber is not responsible for notifying guests of cancellation.
Ribbon Cutting Request Form
Events & Marketing Coordinator