Vice President of Business Development
Position Description & Requirements
The primary role of the VP of Business Development is to direct, guide, execute and oversee member and investor engagement, including related marketing strategy and business initiatives for the Palm Beach North Chamber.
The VP will supervise and manage the Membership Development Team. This role will be directly responsible for leading and driving member program development and engagement plans, related marketing strategy and messaging, investor relations programs, accounts receivable and investor fulfillment, customer service and database management.
This role oversees the activities necessary for members and investors to perceive and derive value for their investments and involvement with the Chamber in alignment with their stated business goals and objectives to positively impact the Chamber’s mission, vision and strategic plan. The role also assures members and investors fulfill and renew their financial commitments, while laying the groundwork for future asks through high satisfaction.
This role leads the revenue retention team in achieving year-end and long-term new member attainment and member retention goals to financially support the Chamber’s program of work, while obtaining annual member and investor satisfaction ratings in line with organizational goals to assure quality Chamber programs, services and engagement opportunities.
This VP will develop and implement a comprehensive plan for fundraising including Sponsorship and Stakeholder Investments to meet or exceed financial goals, as well as assess, recommend and implement other non-dues revenue generating opportunities that provide value to the Palm Beach North community and Chamber members.
This is a full-time, exempt position that will require the need to work beyond what is considered a normal work day/week. This position sometimes requires weekend and “after hours” work to successfully implement the Strategic Plan and other programs. This position sometimes requires travel, in Florida and the United States for limited periods of time.
- Meet Overall Chamber Budgeted Revenue and Expense Targets for areas of responsibility including Membership (including retention goals), Executive Trustee Council Program, Sponsorship and various committees.
- Prepare ongoing analysis of membership revenue and sponsorship performance and develop action plans to meet goals. Support CEO at Finance and Executive Committee meetings when warranted.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Chamber benefactors.
- Perform staff liaison responsibilities with the assigned Committees/Councils (currently Ambassador and Education Committees): including meetings, spearheading engagement of speakers/topics and key committee activities. Recruitment/ establishment of Committee leadership pipeline. Ensure timely and accurate agendas, minutes and reports are prepared, as well as the overall success of the committee.
- Membership Development Director and Membership Services Coordinator: Oversee overall performance and provide necessary direction.
- Drive and implement Executive Trustee Council Program.
- Ensure compliance with Chamber Benefactor allocations and agreements.
- Propose/supervise membership development/retention programs.
- Develop and manage the membership annual budget for submittal to and approval of the President/CEO.
- Develop and achieve sponsorship annual budget for submittal to and approval of the President/CEO.
The Vice President reports to the President/CEO and is responsible for supervising Chamber Membership Development Staff.