Vice President of Business Development
The primary role of the VP of Business Development is to direct, guide, execute and oversee member and investor engagement. This role includes development of related marketing and outreach strategies, as well as communicating member value attainment aligning their organizational objectives with the Chamber’s shared purpose and strategic plan.
This role will be directly responsible for driving member growth and retention plans to achieve year-end and long-term goals that financially support the Chamber’s program of work, while obtaining member and investor satisfaction ratings in line with organizational goals to assure quality Chamber programs, services and engagement opportunities. The VP also proposes/implements new dues revenues and retention projects for President/CEO approval.
The VP is directly responsible for the strategy and implementation of the Executive Trustee Council Program and serves as/oversees liaison to assigned Chamber Committees (currently Ambassador and Education) with agenda development and engaging necessary speakers/topics.
This VP will develop and implement a comprehensive plan for fundraising including Sponsorship and Stakeholder Investments to meet or exceed financial goals, as well as assess, recommend and implement other non-dues revenue generating opportunities that provide value to the Palm Beach North community and Chamber members. The VP is directly responsible for development of all Sponsorship/Stakeholder agreements for submission to and the approval of the President/CEO, as well as ensuring agreement execution and compliance.
The VP is also responsible for related marketing and outreach strategy and messaging, customer service and database management. The role also assures members and investors fulfill and renew their financial commitments, while laying the groundwork for future asks through high satisfaction.
The VP is directly accountable for development, with the approval of the President/CEO and achievement of overall Chamber revenue and expense targets for areas of responsibility. These areas include, but are not limited to, membership and sponsorship annual budgets.
- 5+ years of related job experience with a proven track record. Nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Palm Beach North region with relationships developed among regional stakeholders and businesses.
- Knowledge of membership development and retention techniques and strategies.
- Skilled in fundraising techniques, agreements and long-term strategies.
- A stellar communicator, both oral and written, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop effective relationships and communicate with small businesspersons and C-Suite executives.
- Ability to translate organizational mission in alignment with member prospects.
- Skilled in computer and software usage, including CMS or member database systems.
- Proven knowledge of budget development and attainment.
- Ability to analyze basic empirical data to develop solutions.
- 4 year degree in a related field.
ADDITIONAL LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS:
- Self-motivated to move at a fast pace in achieving goals while still maintaining quality and following procedures/protocols.
- Ability to be an outstanding, positive example of customer service, leadership, professionalism, accountability and respect for others.
- Ability to motivate peers, volunteers and staff in support of the organizational mission.
- Personal energy, poise and presentation ability.
The Vice President reports to the President/CEO and is responsible for supervising Chamber Membership Development staff and applicable interns.