Vice President of Administration & Economic Development
The Vice President of Administration & Economic Development is a member of the Chamber’s Executive Management Team and oversees and implements key areas of responsibility critical to the success of the relevance and growth of the Chamber.
The VP is responsible for the implementation of the Chamber’s Strategic Plan which includes recommending prioritization of related strategic economic development initiatives and activities, and actively participating in key committees/councils and the Chamber’s Foundation. The VP will either directly perform or delegate committee/council staff liaison responsibilities, but will remain an active contributing participant.
The VP is responsible for oversight of the Chamber’s Marketing and Events strategy and implementation. This includes overseeing the development of a comprehensive marketing plan and responsibility for successful planning and implementation of all Chamber events. The VP will also propose, develop and implement an integration plan for the Palm Beach North regional and Chamber brands.
The VP will oversee Chamber Programming for members. This includes the Prosperity Leadership Program, Internship Program, Small Business Programs and any further developed member and organizational/internal programming.
The VP is responsible for oversight of Finance and Operations which includes development of annual budgets and monthly/year-end financial statements. He/she provides general supervision concerning office procedures and facilities, various necessary insurance coverages, and Chamber policies. The VP determines and implements appropriate steps to stay abreast of the latest advances in information technology and oversees coordination of Board Meetings and associated Board agendas, minutes, and Board Manual updates.
The VP is accountable for performance expectations, financial and otherwise, for areas of responsibility.
The VP builds collaborative relationships among Chamber stakeholders and will serve as an alternate to the President and CEO at key events based on the CEO’s schedule availability.
- 7+ years of related job experience with a proven track record. Nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Successful track record with economic development initiatives and building alliances across sectors.
- Ability to think strategically while considering new perspectives.
- A stellar communicator, both oral and written, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills to manage multiple projects.
- Experience in working complex issues and financial data; proficiency in budgets, financial statements and controls.
- Experience and/or understanding of marketing strategy.
- Experience in negotiation of agreements/contracts.
- Experience in managing a staff with multiple departments, setting/communicating goals, measuring accomplishments, and mentoring.
- Must have a four year college degree in a related field. An advanced degree is a plus.
ADDITIONAL LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS:
- Ability to be an outstanding, positive example of customer service, leadership, professionalism, accountability and respect for others.
- Ability to motivate peers, volunteers and staff in support of the organizational mission.
- Personal energy, poise and presentation ability.
The Vice President reports directly to the President and CEO and is responsible for supervising Chamber staff in the Finance and Operations, Marketing and Events, and Programming Departments.